CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Our Island Tour!

Come take a road trip with Jedd A. Diah across our exciting island:

North America!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Choose your roommates.

Up at the UofU health sciences education building I recently chatted with a good guy whose been homeless since coming to the valley in November. I recognized him around campus/SL and was intrigued with where he rests his head (perhaps this was the guy with the tent up the mountain?!). He informed me he lives in fear and is frequently booted by security (likely not the mountain man).
We soon got talking about where I live and how I have a couple roommates "Roommates? I tried that. No more!" "Sounds like you have security as your roommates" I countered somewhat surprised I said it out loud. Yet he took no offense, except toward security...whom he began to rant about again.
Aren't our stubborn streaks awful! They lead to some extremely poor decisions (i.e. choosing life on the streets over life in a stable home setting) resulting in some pretty poor outcomes. I've made a few of those myself and still do. I'm striving to make fewer in the future and live life like its best-lived!..starting with a place to call home.

0 comments: