CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Our Island Tour!

Come take a road trip with Jedd A. Diah across our exciting island:

North America!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Duckies

"Aahhh...where'd Daisy go?" Jarem, my 4-year-old nephew, whimpered over his lost duckie before bed. We searched for a few, afterwhich I assured him we'd find Donald's companion in the morning. He quickly obliged and crawled into his sleeping bag to rest his head after hiking and playing most of the day. We three (me, my brother Jason, & Jarem) were beat. Plus, an early morning awaited since I commited to go to an employment workshop the next day.

A workshop which would hopefully help me, unlike Jarem, leave some duckies behind. You see, I also own a couple duckies. My duckies remain nameless & rather motionless staring at me from the vinyl floor of a kiddie pool. They're often peering through a soap solution at a man full of life and zest creating bubbles & fog rings above them, pursuing his passions zealously (even to the point of poverty). The duckies are quite clueless concerning the impact such actions are having on this bachelor, but not I...
I am fully aware how such actions decide where I live, with whom I live, how I get around, and more.

This has to stop!

It is time to put aside unprofitable playtime and provide profitable playtime! (even if it's not as fun).

Wanna couple more duckies Jarem?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right I do like this post. Possibly, in each phase of life we find passions we don't want to leave behind, but don't worry we can usually go back to visit. Sometimes those visits are through the eyes of a child or borrowing from a child as is the case with the duckies.